Rairdon Partners with Hopelink for Back to School Drive
Rairdon’s family of dealerships wanted to answer to one (not so simple) question: How can underserved students get a helpful push toward the finish line? Here’s what we came up with (we think you’re going to like it).
Rairdon’s Back-to-School Drive is July 15th Thru August 15th
Education, the tools for school, and a brighter future–all of these are deeply connected…
So Rairdon is making sure that the three of them stay connected with a big back-to-school drive July 15th – August 15th.
This important effort is part of a partnership with Hopelink, a local Seattle organization that works to combat poverty (we love them).
Here’s how it works:
From July 15th to August 15th, for every new or used car sold, Rairdon will be providing a back-to-school kit to local Washington-area students living below the poverty line.
What’s Inside the Back to School Kit
The back-to-school kit will include 3-ring binders, scientific calculators, composition notebooks, divider tabs, graph paper, headphones, highlighters, index cards, pencil boxes/pouches, sharpies/dry erase markers, USB flash drives, and multi-colored backpacks. Basically, everything a student would need to be prepared for school each day.
List of Participating Rairdon Dealerships
13 total Rairdon dealerships will be participating in the back-to-school drive. These include:
- Honda of Sumner
- Honda of Burien
- Honda of Marysville
- Nissan of Auburn
- Subaru of Auburn
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Kirkland
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Monroe
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Marysville
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Bellingham
- Hyundai Bellingham
- Maserati of Kirkland
- FIAT of Kirkland
- Alfa Romeo of Kirkland
More About Hopelink
We really can’t overstate the importance of Hopelink to the local Seattle area.
Their theory of change enables those who are in need to move from having their basic necessities met (think food, nutrition, and housing) to becoming well-equipped to (hopefully be able to) exit poverty altogether.
Hopelink gives people who are in need
1) Access to direct services
2) Connections to qualified resources to make the organization’s theory of change a reality.
Philanthropy Quick Facts
- Did you know? The word philanthropy comes from the Greek philanthropia, which is a word for kindliness, humanity, benevolence, and love to mankind.
- One third of all charitable giving occurs in December (Seattle Times)
- For the 2018 holiday season, Rairdon partnered with Seattle Children’s Hospital for a toy drive. It resulted in 2,000 toys raised (and delivered) from our dealerships to the hospital.
- Seattle is home to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, an organization that has a huge impact when it comes to improving global health
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos recently launched a major philanthropic effort that consisted of investing $2 billion in housing and preschool education
- Major nonprofits in Seattle include Jubilee Women’s Center, Open Adoption & Family Services, Bread of Life Mission, Ronald McDonald House Charities Western Washington & Alaska, Art With a Heart, and Hopelink
- San Diego, Houston, St. Louis, Tampa/ St. Petersberg, and Dallas were the highest rated charitable communities in the U.S. (as of 2017)